From My Own Blend master blender Lasse Berg: A special mixture of virginia and cavendish flavoured with vanilla, maracuja and tonquin.

BrandPaul Olsen
Taste
hilbertastronaut Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
hilbertastronaut (7)
Mild Mild Medium Pleasant

This is my first review. I have been smoking pipes for a few months, and cigars for a few years.

Features: - Fruity tin note - Easy to light and stay lit - Burns cleanly and completely

Cut is fine; leaves are a mixture of golden and cavendish. Tin note is fruity, mostly cherry, but this evens out on smoking into a smooth cavendish plus a bit of stewed fruit taste. I got more of the stewed fruit taste with a small 1/4-bent pot, than with a bigger fully bent billiard.

This tobacco is VERY easy to smoke. The tin was open for an hour or so beforehand (a friend shared this from a Denmark trip), and the moisture was just right. (Ambient humidity was 30-35%.) It took only a single match to light, and stayed lit with very little effort. The bowl burned cleanly down to ash, with no dottle. It also wasn't too hot. Relights (I took a break in the middle) were easy and didn't spoil the taste.

My friend brought this from a trip to Denmark. He has been smoking lightly aromatic blends since before I was born, and seemed to enjoy this one. I'm more into the natural Virginia taste, but this was a pleasant change for me. I would recommend this to folks with similar taste to my friend.

Pipe Used: Large fully bent billiard briar