From My Own Blend master blender Lasse Berg: A special mixture of virginia and cavendish flavoured with vanilla, maracuja and tonquin.

BrandPaul Olsen
Blended ByLasse Berg
Manufactured ByMy Own Blend
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringOther / Misc, Tonquin Bean, Vanilla
Packaging100 Tin
Strength
Extremely Mild, Mild
Mild, Extra Strong
Taste
Medium, Full
Unnoticeable, Pleasant
2.0
Little Steven Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Little Steven (55)
Extremely Mild Extra Strong Full Unnoticeable

This, I'm afraid, is a vapid vapour. It could be saved by an addition of some burley richness perhaps. But the flavouring is cheap champagne which is a let down after perusing the list of delicious ingredients.

Paul Olsen, known colloquially as My Own Blend, are nearly always superficial and are apt to bite. This one doesn't bite but is the essence of superficial.

Don't bother even if you're a beginner. This is My Own Bland in the extreme.

Pipe Used: Stanwell billiard.

Age When Smoked: New.

Purchased From: The shop on the corner - nice people.

Similar Blends: The champagne drunk by The Eagles in 1977..

hilbertastronaut Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
hilbertastronaut (7)
Mild Mild Medium Pleasant

This is my first review. I have been smoking pipes for a few months, and cigars for a few years.

Features: - Fruity tin note - Easy to light and stay lit - Burns cleanly and completely

Cut is fine; leaves are a mixture of golden and cavendish. Tin note is fruity, mostly cherry, but this evens out on smoking into a smooth cavendish plus a bit of stewed fruit taste. I got more of the stewed fruit taste with a small 1/4-bent pot, than with a bigger fully bent billiard.

This tobacco is VERY easy to smoke. The tin was open for an hour or so beforehand (a friend shared this from a Denmark trip), and the moisture was just right. (Ambient humidity was 30-35%.) It took only a single match to light, and stayed lit with very little effort. The bowl burned cleanly down to ash, with no dottle. It also wasn't too hot. Relights (I took a break in the middle) were easy and didn't spoil the taste.

My friend brought this from a trip to Denmark. He has been smoking lightly aromatic blends since before I was born, and seemed to enjoy this one. I'm more into the natural Virginia taste, but this was a pleasant change for me. I would recommend this to folks with similar taste to my friend.

Pipe Used: Large fully bent billiard briar