A highly aromatic blend. Kentucky, Burley, and Cavendish, sweetened with the luxurious flavour of cherries, and a touch of vanilla, producing a delicious smoke with a great aroma.

BrandBorkum Riff
Packaging35g Pouch
CountrySE
Strength
Mild to Medium, Medium, Medium to Strong
Taste
Very Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium to Full
Very Pleasant, Pleasant, Strong
2.3
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

Borkum Riff - Ruby.

This is the last out of a selection of blends I bought whilst on holiday in Portugal.

The flavour's good, the cherries don't, as they often do, bully everything else out of the way. The vanilla gives the blend a good creaminess, and this is heightened by the Black Cavendish. Even though it says there's alcohol included, I detect none of it. The Burley and Kentucky have a notable flavour and give the smoke a fuller feel. It doesn't bite any, and the smoke's pleasingly cool; perfectly relaxing! It burns exceptionally well, leaving no dottle, and gives off a VERY thick and palpable smoke. The nicotine's mild, and the room-note's good; cherry vanilla!

I think many smokers would find this a bit of a bore; one of many cherry vanilla blends! I on the other hand enjoy it:

Three stars.

Pipe Used: Mastro Geppetto

Age When Smoked: Two weeks

Purchased From: Portugal

Greekpipesmoker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Greekpipesmoker (123)
Mild Mild to Medium Very Mild Strong

This blend was my last try from B Riff.as all other blends this was no good thing.the smell of tobacco was feeling chemical.so the taste while smoking.no tobacco taste for me with lots tongue biting and a very bad aftertaste.nocotime level was almost medium and room note very tense to others.this blend has no balance.burns very hot and it is a filter destroyer due to moisture and dumbness.not recommended for consuption

Age When Smoked: When opened

Granny Smith Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Granny Smith (25)
Mild Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

I ordered this tobacco by mistake - I meant to order Borkum Riff's Highland Malt - but I figured I may as well smoke it. Firstly the room note is very very good and the taste is not too overpowering. I would say it is every bit the equal of Cletic Talisman which is the only cherry tobacco I can tolerate. It burns well and provides a consistent flavour right down to the bottom of the bowl. The chief taste is cherry but the sweet vanilla does linger in the mouth after a few puffs. I'm not really an aromatic smoker but this makes a nice change of pace and if it's an aromatic you are after then I can recommend this one highly.

Pipe Used: James Barber

Purchased From: Black Swan Tobacco

Similar Blends: Celtic Talisman, Lane's Very Cherry.