Cohiba cigars are known for their superb quality and sophistication, and their brand new pipe tobacco carries that banner as well. Cohiba Pipe Tobacco is a blend of golden Virginia and steamed black cavendish with a subtle, complementary top note that creates a very pleasant room note, and a flavor that enhances the natural tobacco taste, rather than sublimating it.

BrandLane Limited
Blended BySTG-Lane Ltd
Manufactured ByScandinavian Tobacco Group
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Virginia
CutMixture
Packaging1.75 Tin
Strength
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium
Mild to Medium, Medium, Extra Strong
Taste
Mild to Medium, Medium, Overwhelming
2.3

Lane Limited - Cohiba.

Now, I adore a good cigar in the evening, but I usually prefer things like Rocky Patel, Perdomo, and Joyo De Nicaragua. If I'm honest I've found most of the Cohiba cigars I've smoked a bit meretricious for the price; if I want Cuban I buy Romeo' or Upmann. So, here's another pipe tobacco wearing a cigar brand; like Punch, Partagas, Macanudo, and Hoyo'.

I can't see why it's called a Mixture, it's more of a standard ribbon. The black Cavendish has been included in a diminutive quantity: apart from a few specks, the blends medium, and light, brown, with a few specks of yellow. My blend was a bit moist when I first opened it, but not majorly so. There's no twigs.

Flavour: nice. The aromatics come through at just below medium in weight, giving the smoke a sweet, vanilla, touch; the vanilla's stronger at the start. Because the Virginia outweighs the black Cavendish in volume, it goes without saying that it gives a lot more flavour. There's also a Burley nuttiness present. Unless Cohiba's smoked gently it can burn quite fast.

Nicotine: mild to medium. Room-note: pleasant, although it does make a lot of actual smoke in the room.

I like this. Recommended:

Three stars

Pipe Used: Altinok Lee Van Cleef; Friday pipe

Age When Smoked: Two months

Purchased From: Cup O' Joes

Daniel W. Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Daniel W. (23)

I was expecting a tobacco that tastes like cigars. However this is an aromatic. But a good aromatic. It has aromas of caramel, vanilla and dried fruits. It burns pretty well, has medium body and it has a medium sweetness. The room note is very enjoyable. And at it tastes like caramel.

Pipe Used: Peterson Founders

Purchased From: Paulo Santiago

Mike660 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mike660 (4)
Mild Extra Strong Overwhelming Overwhelming

Terrible tobacco, I bought this when I was new to pipe smoking because I knew Cohiba was a good cigar. I regret it every time I see the tin. The blend reeks of vanilla and has so much added that I get nauseous.

Pipe Used: Meerschaum, falcon