Anniversary Kake has been one of the best-selling blends in the Heath & Home Signature line since it was first released. Russ always wanted to do a real flake version someday, and the time is now.

Hearth & Home Signature Anniversary Flake is made of top-grade Virginias from around the world with just enough perique to be noticeable without masking the sweetness of the flue-cured leaf. Give it a try, and we'll bet you'll be back time and again.

BrandHearth & Home
Taste
Pleasant to Tolerable, Tolerable
2.5
JimInks (2040)

The flue cured Virginias offer a fair amount of citrus and grass/hay, along with light earth, toast, smokey wood and fruit notes. The spice, raisins, and fig taste from the perique plays an important support role. What seems to be an extremely light whisper of sweet rum adds to the experience. Won’t bite, but fast puffing may warm the tongue slightly, though I did not experience that. The nic-hit is just past the mild threshold. Burns at a moderate pace for an easily broken apart, lightly moist flake manufacture, and sports an very consistent flavor from start to finish. Requires few relights, and leaves little moisture in the bowl. Has a pleasant after taste and a woody sweet room note. An all day smoke.

Seedun Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Seedun (4)
Mild Extremely Mild Mild to Medium Tolerable

I bought this hoping for anniversary Kake in flake form. I don't know if that is what was intended , but I don't get that with this flake. I bought this after reading a glowing review on PSF.com

I get very little tin note, it has a fresh clean scent of pasta/straw.

Smoking I get a citrusy/grassy Virginia with plum Perique in the back. It has the same bergamot/lavender/floral taste of STGs Drexell VIII. Laying side by side with Drexel I can't find any difference between the two. If I liked this I would purchase Luxury Navy flakes to save on cost.

Again I don't know if this is a blend all its own or not. There isn't much info on this one. It didn't say in the description "Flake version of Kake." I purchased based on a glowing review on PSF.com that compared it very closely with Kake. I just don't see how that is possible unless the formula has changed.

On its own as a vaper I give it 1.5 stars.

Pipe Used: Savinelli Lumberman, Clay, R. Hahn Brandy

Purchased From: P&C

Similar Blends: , Orlik Tobacco Company A/S - Golden Sliced (Red Tin), Scandinavian Tobacco Group (STG) - Drexel VIII, Peter Stokkebye - Luxury Navy Flake.