From P&C's website: Seattle Pipe Club Puget Sound is a rich and enjoyable latakia blend made of a good amount of Cyprian latakia, rare Orientals, zesty bright Virginia and a dash of perique to add a deep sweetness and a bit of spice. This is a contemplative pipe tobacco that will satisfy any time you have the chance to relax.

BrandSeattle Pipe Club
ContentsLatakia, Oriental/Turkish, Perique, Virginia
Strength
Taste
lbd Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
lbd (1)

This was one of several blends that popped up from Seattle Pipe Club on pipes and cigars in August 2016 then promptly disappeared. My understanding is it has to do with the new FDA regulations. I say all that because this is my new favorite blend and I will be forever upset if it is gone forever. I love this stuff. The blend of Oriental, Virginia, Latakia, and Perique is similar to many other mixes out there like frog Morton on the bayou or Mississippi river however I have found this one to be the mix i am looking for. Cool dry big billowing smoke that is oriental dominant. The other flavors are definitely there but the Oriental's controls the show. It's sort of a Smokey woodsy smoke with wonderful oriental spice flavors. Not spice like hot or harsh but more wonderful flavor. The aroma i found very pleasant. The mouth feel was cool and clean. The nicotine content seemed low to me but I am not a great judge of nic hit. If you also Are a fan than I highly recommend you try it if you get a chance. I think you will be wonderfully surprised how it is unique and wonderful.

Update May 2017

Puget Sound is back and looks to stay. I have bought and smoked quite a bit of this tobacco now that it is back and can say it is still my favorite blend. I wouldn't say it is Oriental dominant i think I missed judged the Cyprian Latikia spice for Oriental. Don't get me wrong the Oriental is there just more of a combo with the Latikia instead of a driver. The Aroma is smoky and woodsy like cedar. If you favor Cyprian Latakia over Syrian like I do and enjoy a cool smooth English with a touch of Perique this one is like none I have ever had and worth a try.

Pipe Used: sandor herskovits custom bent sitter

Purchased From: pipes and Cigars