Casey Jones Hero's Blend is an easy smoking blend of sweet, golden, Virginia cavendish blended with black cavendish made of Green River burley. It is finished with a smooth and warm vanilla/honey flavor that comes through nicely in the taste, and creates a room note that is absolutely wonderful.

BrandCasey Jones
FlavoringHoney, Vanilla
Packaging12 ounce tin, 1.5 ounce pouch
Strength
Taste

3.1

The grassy, citrusy Virginia forms the base of the blend. The mildly earthy, nutty, lightly molasses sweet burley plays back up. The unsweetened black cavendish provides a little brown sugar. The vanilla topping is a little more obvious than the honey, and both tone down the tobaccos to a fair extent. Has very little nicotine. Won’t bite or get harsh. Burns cool, clean, at slightly less than a moderate pace as the tobacco is a little moist. Has a smooth, very consistent flavor all the way through. Leaves a little moisture in the bowl, and needs a few relights. Has a very pleasant after taste, and can be an all day smoke.

-JimInks

Young Piper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Young Piper (302)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Hero's blend fits in nicely with the other Casey Jones offering from Pipes and Cigars being that this is a mix of tobacco's (Burley, Virginia and Black Cavendish) and Last Ride being a milder all black blend. Whereas Last Ride had a Cherry / Caramel aroma and flavor with vanilla overtones, this has a Honey and Vanilla topping. Easy to load ribbon cut with little chunks mixed in. I actually preferred Hero's to Last Ride as it had more flavor from the mix of tobacco's but both are a good choice for cold evenings when its too cold to sit outside smoking a stinky Latakia blend. The wife or girlfriend (or boyfriend) etc. won't complain about the room note on either of these blends. These two are a great choice of aromatics for veteran or novice since they are very forgiving of over puffing and are virtually bite-less. If you like 1-Q or LL-7 or any of the Lane aromatic offerings i think you would enjoy Hero's.

BTW as a side note, i'm not sure where the name came from? Hero is how you spell either someone you admire or a delicious sandwich. But the plural of Hero is Heroes like in "Marvel Super Heroes" so i'm not sure what this implies... Maybe its an Italian Sandwiches favorite blend? - Hero's Blend

crapgame1967 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
crapgame1967 (57)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

And you notion just crossed my mind... Ok I am a sucker for vanilla aromatics but most of them always end up in my "all things vanilla" jar due to some lack of flavor or depth and I hope mixing them all together will make a blend worthy of an all day smoke. disclaimer The above mentioned "all things" jar has been tried and yes it really did work!!!! Now back to why I am here- This blend is WONDERFUL!!! The blends hits me in all the right places! The flavor doesn't quit and never gets that burnt taste that is typical of many vanilla aros. The tobacco I let dry for maybe 15 minutes and then packed my pipe. It packed well and toasted right up and after tamping and relighting I was able to smoke to the bottom with maybe two relights. The room note can't be beat and didn't seem to hang around on my sweater. This was bought for me by my wife and I will be buying this for myself in the future!

Pipe Used: no name meer, no name basket

Purchased From: Unknown but most likely P/C online

jedibastard Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jedibastard (24)

Hey look!!!!! Another vanilla aro!!!!!!!!!

I placed an order, and decided....why the hell not?! Im really glad i did. Honestly.

Its a very well put together aro. Its pretty sweet, but i really like it. I dont taste honey persay. But its, a sweeter vanilla, i guess you could say. The tobacco is a really nice dark golden color. Pretty sticky. Which is not a bad thing, Just annoying. I smoked it right outta the pouch, so id recommend some dry time. It wasnt hard to light, or stay lit. I just think it would burn even better with some drying.

The "room note" is killer. Honestly. I really dig it.

By far, best aro i have smoked to date.

Pipe Used: Morgan pipes bones

Purchased From: Pipes and cigara

Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Casey Jones - Hero's Blend.

I enjoy vanilla aromatics so much so that I always have a tin or two open all the time. I also enjoy sweet aromatics, so a honey vanilla aromatic ticks both boxes!

It only contains a small amount of Burley black Cavendish in comparison to brown Virginia Cavendish so although there's a clear vanilla and honey added flavour the smoke isn't too wet or sticky. The vanilla's crisp and sweet, and with the caramel forms a sort of butterscotch flavour. It arrived with a good amount of hydration to enable a decent, cool, burn when fresh. I get no tongue bite.

Nicotine: mild. Room-note: lovely.

Hero's Blend? Just shy of four stars:

Recommended.

Pipe Used: Barling Meerschaum

Age When Smoked: One month

Purchased From: TobaccoPipes.com

canvas Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
canvas (151)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

If you close your eyes, your nose will convince your hands of holding a box of Cocoa Puffs. The stuff has an initial gentle sweet chocolate aroma, with the honey notes drifting out once lit.

The shredded cut and past experiences with pouch tobaccos tainted my expectations, so I braced myself for a cheap smoke, however; I was nicely surprised. Hero's Blend produced a nice warm cloud of smoke, with a bowl that was easy to maintain. The nicotine strength was mild, so you could puff deeply if you wanted. Nearly zero bite and I was surprised by the lack of spittle I normally get with similar cuts.

Halfway through smoking the pouch, I happened to read the description on the back and noticed Casey Jones was produced by Lane. Hmmm, this put everything into perspective, as it did remind me of 1Q or a mild BCA... sweet and approachable.

It is an easy smoking aromatic with a likely broad appeal. I can see it being a great place for new smokers to start.

Similar Blends: Lane's 1Q.

Bbrown626 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bbrown626 (86)

When I received this it was entirely too moist. I let it dry out a little, put it in a jar and forgot about it for about a year. I noticed the dust on the lid and decided to try it again. This is an above average vanilla blend, exceptional room note, lit and burned well, and the taste was consistent to the bottom of the bowl. No bite, enjoyable aftertaste. If you are a fan of Vanilla blends, then put this on your list.

Pipe Used: Medico Varsity Panel Billiard