I do not have a tin description from the blender so will give it my own. This blend contains Virginia, Kentucky and perique. It is not flavored with bier; rather that is the blender.

BrandVolker Bier
Blended ByKohlhase, Kopp und Co.
Blend TypeVirginia/Perique
ContentsBurley
CutPlug
Packaging
Strength
Taste

I was fortunate to get a good chunk of this very rare tobacco from a friend in Germany. I believe it is out of production at this time. This is a great combination of Virginia, Kentucky and Perique. The latter two elements definitely are not the highlight to this as the Virginia definitely takes the lead.

This plug is naturally sweet in a grassy/hay sort of way and a bit of citrus giving it a bit of a lemony tang. I find the Kentucky to be a near silent partner and find, if anything, it works with the Perique to more cool the blend than anything else. As to the perique, I would put its proportion and less than moderate, but its presence is felt in spice.

I do not like plugs by nature as I am terrible at slicing them with any uniformity, but as plugs go, I noticed nothing more problematic than any other plug that I have encountered. Once sliced and rubbed out the leaf performed wonderfully.

Overall, I would welcome more of this if I was able to find it, but I think that is more driven by its rarity than its taste. Granted, it is good, but there are others that I enjoy more in this genre. As a VaBurPer, it lacks enough of that earthy element that I like. So much so, that I really feel all comparable blends to this are VaPers. If I had to pick what I felt would be its closest equivalent, I would say Sam Gawith's St. James Flake. That said, I prefer SJF to this as well.