BriarWorks International's Peach Cobbler: An indulgent Southern recipe pulled straight from Mama's cookbook. Sure to satisfy that sweet tooth.

BrandBriarWorks International
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
pappymac Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pappymac (10)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

After recently trying several other blends that failed to deliver on the promise of their name, I was not expecting much from BriarWorks Peach Cobbler. I thought that maybe there would be some tin aroma related to the smell of a baking peach cobbler.

I have been pleasantly surprised. When I open the jar I bought from smokingpipes.com last month, I smelled peaches, a little vanilla and some light whiskey/rum but nothing that really reminded me of a peach cobbler. Now, after smoking half the jar, I open it and still smell the peaches, vanilla and some light whiskey/rum but can say that it reminds me more of a peach cobbler scented candle my wife showed me at a craft store. Don’t get me wrong! It doesn’t smell bad it just doesn’t smell like something fresh baked.

On to more important things. I’ve never had to let BriarWorks Peach Cobbler sit out and dry before lighting. Even with the first bowl it took just a charing light followed by a tamp and second light to get it burning evenly. The sweet fruity flavor of the peaches with a touch of vanilla has been apparent to me immediately every time I’ve smoked it. The peach and vanilla does become less pronounced to me after a half bowl but it retains the sweet creaminess of the smoke throughout the bowl

As would be expected from a good aromatic, the room note is very pleasant. I’ve had one of my grandsons ask “Who’s eating a peach? I want one.” To me that is high praise for this blend. Strength wise, I found it to be a mild to medium with the nicotine slowly building up to a noticeable level near the end of the bowl. So far it has been smooth and it has not produced any tongue bite or burned hot other than one time when I was smoking it outdoors and the wind picked up. Smoked slowly it will not bite.

Bottom line for me: I have already purchased two more of the 2 oz. jars and placed them in my cellar.

Pipe Used: Briar, Clay, Cob, Meerschaum

Age When Smoked: new to one month

RyinMD Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
RyinMD (23)

I have tried several peach-flavored tobaccos in search of something I like. I wanted something with a fruit essence outside of cherry, which always tastes like cough syrup to me. Perhaps it's a ghost of childhood. This was one of the blends I tried.

Upon opening, I detected some peach and vanilla ... and maybe some sort of liquor-ish hint. It smelled good to me. I found it at the perfect humidity right out of the jar. No need to dry. I loaded my pipe, and it was good. I like this. It smokes easy. The black cav-VA blend is smooth, and I get a hint of peach - maybe not very peachy - but there's a hint there. I get maybe more vanilla than peach, but it's there. And unlike a lot of aromatics, I get a tobacco flavor as well and a decent dose of Vitamin N. I like this blend. It's not an everyday blend for me, but I did have a couple of bowls after dinner with an adult beverage and was quite pleased.

I can smell peach and sweetness in the room after leaving and returning. That's the best I can go on. My spouse isn't much of a fan of any tobacco.

I agree with others and give it 3 stars. It's going into the rotation. I've read that the Briarworks tobaccos are blended by C&D. If you're looking for something with a peach essence but you don't want a goopy, hot-smoking blend, give this a try.

Pipe Used: Hilson Briar

Age When Smoked: Recently purchased

Similar Blends: I can't say it was that similar to other peach blends. I like this one..

RondyR Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
RondyR (4)

There are few things on this earth that I love more than the taste of a sweet, ripe peach. Peach pipe tobacco, sadly, pretty much never seems to deliever that flavor.

The tin note smells very much of a sweet peach. The room note gets an approval from the women in the house; the 40 year and 17 year old both liked the smell. If only Frog Morton On The Bayou could smell so good to them!

The tobacco is only slightly wet, which is expected from an aromatic with a flavor casing, but not overly so. I gave it no drying time and it lit straight away, and the bowl went from True Light to total ash without any re-lights. It left absolutely no goop in the Cob. Pretty impressive for an aromatic!

But the peach is, for me, far too understated. If I’m in the mood for an aromatic, and I want a peach tobacco at that, then I want a peach tobacco that tastes like a peach! As it is, this is a three-star blend to me. Make that peach flavor pop and I’ll happily give it that extra star. For now, I may try mixing it with that Brigadier Black Gettysburg blend from P&C, which very much tastes like peach but is so wet that it needs about ten months of drying time!

Pipe Used: MM Legend

Age When Smoked: Four months

Purchased From: Local B&M

st.Hellvis Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
st.Hellvis (5)

Opening the jar gave me a nice fruity smack on the nose! A lovely aroma of peach, or maybe apricot. The taste is a nice balanced cavendish and virginia blend with a nice peach flavor. I can also taste some vanilla.

It's a very nice fruit aromatic, and I like to enjoy it like a little sweet treat for myself.

Pipe Used: My "candy-pipe" Monstrosity Pipes Coal Crusher