BriarWorks International's Unsweet Tea: A traditional blend from north of the Mason Dixon line. Steeped with a robust, yet smooth taste.

BrandBriarWorks International
Blend TypeVirginia Based
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Oriental/Turkish, Virginia
Packaging2.0 Tin
Strength
Taste
unclebuccs Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
unclebuccs (3)

When Briarworks rolled out their July 2016 tobacco offerings, I found the idea of "Unsweet Tea" to be most unusual....and intriguing. Why would Briarworks offer an unsweetened alternative to their "Sweet Tea"? I figured there HAD to be something special about this one, and moved it to the top of my shopping list.

'Unsweet Tea' is most certainly a unique blend. I've yet to smoke anything like it. There's plenty of oriental tobacco flavor coming out of it, and amazingly.... a tea note. Along with that slight tea essence that comes and goes, your tongue is left with an effect like when you drink really strong brewed tea with no sweetener, and those tannins make your tongue feel dryish, even though it's quite wet. I can see where this may not appeal to some pipe smokers, but I personally found the experience to be something I looked forward to with every subsequent smoke.

I tried this one in various pipes, and found that the flavor really shined in a medium-sized Dublin with a conical chamber. It takes quite a few pipe-fulls for things to come together, but I truly believe your pipe smoking palate will be pleased and enhanced by this blend. Congratulations to Briarworks. This is a really unique, and well designed pipe tobacco.