A clean tasting budget blend, that unlike a few, isn't made of mainly tobacco stems! A unique blend of burley, Virginia, and exotic Orientals.

BrandRed Bull
Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
2.5
thesmoggypipester Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
thesmoggypipester (53)

tried this at least 5 years ago, but I remember well. a nice Virginia, burley with a slight touch of oriental but with an aromatic addition, I wouldn't say floral, I would say more fruity. this is long stringy ribbons, so pack tighter than usual and smoke slowly. if you can manage that then it is a decent enough smoke. I will say here while I have the extra disposable income I won't smoke this, but happen I'm on a tight budget this will do.

it isn't a complex smoke, it isn't going to set the world on fire but for what it is, it is a decent smoke and won't make you think "urgh".

room note, smoked amongst smokers it won't raise an eyebrow, although may garner the odd fake cough from non smokers in your company.

All in all if it isn't packed tight enough it will get your tongue and be very unpleasant but pack it tight enough and smoke slowly it will behave itself and give a decent enough smoke.

All in 2 stars, it does the job, if you have the spare coin, you will look for something better if not this will be a good addition.

Pipe Used: corn cob

Purchased From: local shop in town.

Red Bull - Red Bull Aromatic.

I bought this along with a few other 'budget' tobaccos just to see what sort of quality would be available from a blend that's been made solely for the reason of being cheap.

If I'm honest, I hated this at the start. That was based on the pouch note at first, it smelt floral, perfume like and too false. But then, when I lit a bowl, well that was where confusion set in: it didn't taste too floral (slightly, but not much), and the tobacco's gave good flavour. Don't get me wrong, there's a few issues: firstly and mainly due to the cut, it can burn warm, and too fast. Also it'll give a little nip to the tongue if it's pulled to hard, but other than those it's a decent smoke.

I think this would be a great all-day smoke: medium nicotine, the flavour's not in need of huge deciphering, the room-note's okay, and due to the cost it wouldn't cause much fuss if the bowl had to be aborted when you're called back to work!

Three stars.