Mac Baren's mellow choice pipe tobacco. Mellow Choice has the same smooth taste as the other blends in the “Choice” family, and is easy on your tongue - which Is the whole idea in the Choice series - great taste and easy smoking without the tongue bite.

Notes: This tasty treat is derived from premium Virginia tobaccos, which add a wonderful natural sweetness to the blend. We include the exclusive Mac Baren Modern Cavendish for that special, sweet and tangy taste. Then, we balance it all out with a little air-cured Burley tobacco.

Your palate will be delighted by Mellow Choice's duo flavor with hints of sweet vanilla and dark chocolate. It's enjoyable for both the experienced and the new pipe smoker.

BrandMac Baren
Dottie Warden Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dottie Warden (22)
Very Mild Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Tasty, very tasty!

To be fair I’m a regular smoker of Mac Baren products and I wasn’t surprised when I received a 40 gram pouch of Mellow Choice from a friend in Budapest. However, despite the nice packaging, I doubt I would have purchased it myself due to its name; I was very skeptical about the word “Mellow”. Well, I had this pouch kicking around, I was in the mood for an aromatic and the pouch description was intriguing enough to get me to give it a go. Upon opening, there was some vanilla coming through the sweet aromas but I couldn’t place the chocolate. I can’t recall the look of the leaf because the aroma raised my excitement level enough to distract me and I got to smoking right away.

If you are unfamiliar with the new generation of Mac Baren aromatics, you’ll be surprised to discover they’ve created no bite blends. Mellow Choice is no exception. Packed with flavor, this delicious blend was smoked up in a flash; I just couldn’t stop smoking this incredibly tasty blend.

It left me so inspired I immediately ordered some Original Choice to see how it compares.

Pipe Used: Chacom Samba 44

Purchased From: Gift

Similar Blends: Cube Silver, but slightly less overwhelming..