This is our best selling flavored tobacco. It's the most heavily flavored mixture Hans makes. Besides vanilla, it has an intriguing taste and aroma of "cloves". If you're into more pronounced flavors, this mixture is for you.

BrandSchürch
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
3.7
Mild None Detected Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

The only reason I don't give this a 4 star rating is because the sweetness is a little more aromatic than I want, but it is a very high quality mixture. I do enjoy the taste quite a bit as a change from straight English blends. It's a very good change of pace tobacco and if you like a little clove note (which is barely present) and a tasty vanilla, this is the tobacco for you. The burley adds a little molasses and brown sugar notes. Like all of Schurch's tobaccos that I have tried, it burns cool and evenly.

Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

As my vacation through the world of aromatics is nearing a close, Rubino stands out as one of the most interesting ones thus far. The very first thing I noticed with Rubino is that it is comprised of some very high grade base tobaccos. The ribbons are “meaty” and long. The pouch aroma of Rubino as the previous reviewer pointed out smells a bit like molasses to me too. It also smells a bit reminiscent of an aromatic that my father smoked in the 1960's (sorry, I know that doesn't tell you much), brown sugar, and honey. I don't get much of the clove scent in the pouch or in the smoke itself which is a good thing for me as I'm not a fan of that flavor. The tobacco is not nearly as sticky to the touch as many aromatics and needs very little dry time. I prefer to rub it out a little bit for easier packing. The favor is fairly full and builds throughout the bowl. The favors of molasses and brown sugar and vanilla carry into the smoke. It doesn't burn wet and as flavorful right to the end. I have been mainly smoking Schurch's (very good) English blends so I cannot offer a comparison of Rubino to their other aromatics. All in all, a very well done and somewhat unique aromatic that is highly recommended!

saylorspond Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
saylorspond (1)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Although I have been smoking a pipe casually for several years, I consider myself very much a novice and have not educated my palate to the subtleties of various tobaccos. I enjoy aromatic blends and have been trying some of the Schürch blends for a while.

This is Schürch's most heavily flavored blend. Although the synjeco web site description states that it has an intriguing taste and aroma of "cloves" I am not able to detect this. The pouch aroma is a wonderful vanilla aroma with an underlying aroma that I would describe as molasses (almost like cherry).

The tobacco has a perfect moisture content and burns well. The "wild" cut consists of complex mixture of flakes, ribbons, and black cavendish. Their description states "Several Virginias, RR Flake, Burley and sweet Black Cavendish"

The room note is very pleasant and the flavor while smoking is consistent throughout the bowl. The only tongue bite is from smoking too fast. If paced properly I find this to be an extremely pleasant smoking experience. My wife also likes the aroma and complements the lack of "tobacco smell"...

One of my favorite blends, which I return to on a regular basis. I would be interested in hearing opinions from more experienced pipe smokers!