Kendal Gold topped with blueberry.

BrandGawith, Hoggarth & Co.
Manufactured ByGawith Hoggarth
FlavoringFruit / Citrus
CutShag
Strength
Taste

Gawith Hoggarth - Kendal Gold Blueberry.

I hadn't expected to find this as enjoyable as I do! I'd anticipated a bit of a mundane, fruity, aromatic. Which, in essence, I suppose it is, so I'll try to put my subjective gratification aside, and give a more objective review:

The pouch smells aromatic: of blueberries of course! The blend is the usual build, colour, and moistness as all of the blends in the Kendal Gold series are: a fine shag, just above medium brown in colour, and smack on perfect with the water content.

As this is an aromatic, I smoke it in one of my aro' cobs; this avoids ghosting one of my better pipes! It lights easily; I'd expected this from the fine build, and then it gives a good smoke. The only problems with this are the heat, and bite: it must be puffed with ease, otherwise it gets too hot and snappy. Other than thoseI can't really fault it: the blueberry flavour's fairly formidable but it's not too potent/sticky. There's no arguing the fact the smoke contains blueberry, albeit, it doesn't take over the show completely. Even though the blueberries presence is clear, the virginia's grassy and citrus notes gain some appreciation too. It seems to me, to be almost the perfect summer smoke! The nicotine's quite mild from this, but I wouldn't expect a huge wallop of N from a fruity aro.

The rating then: Although I really enjoy this, I think a lot of folks would probably yawn at it! With that in mind, I feel that three stars is a very just rating.

Recommended.