A base of Kendal Gold topped with cherry brandy.

BrandGawith, Hoggarth & Co.
Manufactured ByGawith Hoggarth
FlavoringBrandy, Cherry
CutShag
Strength
Taste
2.0

Gawith Hoggarth - Kendal Gold Cherry Brandy.

This one has a chunkier cut than the other ones in the Kendal Gold series. I wouldn't even suggest it's anywhere near a broken flake or a course cut mixture, that would be ridiculous, it just has a slightly thicker cut! The rest isn't much of a surprise: it smells aromatic, the moisture's good, and it's a golden brown.

The flavour's quite good. The thing I enjoy most is that the brandy and cherry don't render any other flavour redundant; as well as the aro's, the Virginia comes through with a hay-like sweetness. In all fairness these are the only flavours I get; what else would be expected from a cherry and brandy Virginia tobacco though?!!

Although the brandy and cherry haven't been added in a prodigious quantity, it can bite like hell. This, DEMANDS tentative puffs.

The nicotine sits just below medium to me, and the room-note's alright; I feel a little indifferent to it.

I would rate this higher if it weren't for the bite; but, everyone differs with that, so you might get on with it better than I do.

For me though, it's only worth two stars.

Somewhat recommended.