A luxurious blend of natural Virginias, Burleys, and Orientals, and aged to perfection. Cut into crumbly, soft flakes. Change up your rotation with a delicious flake tobacco!

BrandThe Country Squire Tobacconist
Blend TypeOther
ContentsBurley, Oriental/Turkish, Virginia
Strength
Taste

William H. Hardy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
William H. Hardy (74)
Medium None Detected Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

I have smoked about 8 ounces of this over the course of about a year and a half. Every time I go to Jackson, I make sure to stop at th Squire just to see what they have and I invariably pick up a couple of ounces of this. So, I must like it, eh?

This is a broken flake in the vein of McClelland's flake tobaccos. It even has the "McKetchup" aroma when smelling it out of the bag. A good medium strength Virginia, this tobacco always seems to satisfy me when I smoke it. Faulkner Flake is to me a fine example of Virginia flake with enough extra that it keeps me interested.

I have to give it a solid 3.5, as I keep coming back to it. Is it a McClelland bulk? Maybe, but I don't give a ladybug. I'll buy it every time I go over there. I love those guys. And I love what they have done for the pipe community as a whole. Podcast, friendliness, and a love of the hobby. Keep up the good work, Jon David! Much love for ya'll up there!

4/18/2017 Edit: I found out several months ago that this has been discontinued at The Country Squire by Jon David. As suspected, it was McClelland No. 2025, but that would not have stopped me from buying it. I'd much rather buy from a Brick-and-Mortar, if possible. Alas...

Purchased From: The Country Squire, Tobacconist