From The Country Squire Tobacconist website: Bring home the warmth and spirit of The Shire's coziest inn! Green Dragon, a blend of ripe air-cured and rich flue-cured Virginia tobaccos, is as smooth as it is easy to smoke. The richness of the blend is accented by noticeable grass, hay, and natural sugars. A treat for you pallet and your companions!

BrandThe Country Squire Tobacconist
Strength
Extremely Mild, Very Mild
Taste
Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
JimInks (2059)
Mild Extremely Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant

The Virginias are dark stoved and brown with a little lighter shade (not lemon) in the mix. The flavors range from some tangy stewed fruit, a little dark fruit and minor citrus. There's light grass notes along with some earth. I taste a light sugar and caramel topping, judiciously added so that it melds well with the tobaccos. The nic-hit is mild to medium. Won't bite. Burns at a moderate pace with hardly any relights, and leaves very little moisture in the bowl. Easily burns to ash. Not complex and not very strong, but it's a very comfortable all day smoke that wears well during the day for the smoker who prefers a mild, easy going tobacco blend. Has a pleasant, tangy after taste.

William H. Hardy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
William H. Hardy (74)
Mild to Medium Very Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

I was interested in this tobacco, as Jon David blended it for a tobacco smoking contest that he had in the Squire a several months ago. I didn't get to participate in the contest, but I had heard several good things about the blend. As I'm always up for a new Virginia tobacco, I bought a couple of ounces.

Definitely on the sweet side of Virginias, it has enough complexity to keep me interested, and enough body to keep the nicotine demons satisfied. I agree with Jim in that there seems to be very light, sweet topping on it. I could not swear to this, but it certainly seems like it to me. (Actually, yeah. There's a topping.)

This is a great Virginia blend that hits all the right buttons for me for what I want in one. There's sweetness, body, and complexity in it. It's not overly complex, I would say, but it definitely has some changes through out the bowl with some building of strength and flavor. This is definitely a blend that I will revisit when I go through Jackson and will probably buy in greater increments. I feel fortunate to live close enough to go up and visit every few months and always enjoy hanging out at the Squire. And of course, watching Jon David blend his tobaccos is always entertaining. Watching people blend tobacco is, I find, fascinating, and I always like to go in the Squire and see Jon David or Caleb at work behind the tobacco bar.

Pipe Used: Pipes which are reserved for Virginias