The uncut version of the popular Samuel Gawith's Chocolate Flake.

BrandSamuel Gawith
CutPlug
Strength
Taste
Medium Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

Samuel Gawith - Chocolate Plug.

Wow, this is one tough plug; it' VERY compacted and hard to slice. It's not all bad though, the flavour's good.

At first, I wanted quite a well rubbed consistency, but after trying diligently to reduce it to a fine crumble I gave up and stuffed some larger cubes than I'd have preferred into my pipe. Due to the size of the pieces of tobacco the pipe's tricky to get lit; I had to use my jet lighter. And then, it needs lots of attention otherwise it keeps going out.

Once lit, the chocolate's quite strong, yet it doesn't seem as potent as some of the chocolate aromatics I've had; it's very easy to taste the added flavour, but it doesn't have that 'stickiness' to it like Bob's Chocolate or some of the others do, it tastes more like the actual coco ingredient than just a chocolate bar; it tastes quite 'refined'.

There isn't too much to say about 'the basics'; meaning the nicotine and tobacco flavour. The nicotine's about medium and the tobacco flavours are a little outshined by the fabulous/natural way the chocolate comes across.

I enjoy this, but sadly I haven't smoked Sam G's flake version for awhile so can draw no comparison. For what it is though, a good blend with a unique chocolate appurtenance, I think three stars is about right.

Recommended.