With a whimsical name like Fiddlesticks, you might think that this would be a playful aromatic blend...but you'd be wrong. Russ' Monthly Blend - Fiddlesticks is a blend for the real Latakia fancier. Made with a significant amount of Cyprian Latakia, bright, and matured red Virginias with a fair helping of Perique to add sweetness, spice and body, this is a comtemplative blend for those times when you're looking to unwind, relax, and lose yourself in the moment. Give Fiddlesticks a try. You might not take the name seriously, but there's some serious flavor here.

Brandpipesandcigars.com
Blended ByRuss Ouelette
ContentsLatakia, Perique, Virginia
Strength
Taste
OldHippy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
OldHippy (1)

Russ's Monthly Blends are mainly aromatics and I'm not that into aro's, so when I saw this I thought I'd give it a whirl and man am I glad I did. The pouch aroma is sweet, smokey, almost incense like, very nice. The tobacco appearance is just beautiful to look at, a perfect combination of reddish brown, gold and jet black ribbons, impressive. Moisture level is spot on and was very easy to pack. Took to the match well and stayed lit with only a few relights. The flavors of the three tobacco's just seem to get along with each other so well, they trade places throughout the bowl and never dominate one another. Very well done indeed.

Pipe Used: Vintage 1930's Linkman's Dr. Grabow Supreme

Stinkypipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Stinkypipe (156)

A blend searching for an identity. A blend for the Latakia lover.....I don't think so. The tin note has a small amount of that smoky aroma but only a small amount. The Virginias really jump out more than anything else. The blend is very nice and dry and light up was very easy. Burns pretty fast but very cool. I would argue the perique really rules the roost here as far as taste goes. The blend is spicy and this goes on throughout the smoke. I do get some tangy sweetness from time to time from the Virginias but very small amount. The Latakia?? Went on vacation as far as I am concerned. I never got that sweet smoky flavor through the entire smoke. Just don't really get this blend as a Latakia lovers blend. It is an average blend for me at best. I would call this a first rate three star smoke.

Pipe Used: Cobby