This natural mixture spoils you with its excellent marriage of Orientals and Virginia. Accompanied by Kentucky and refined with perique and latakia this blend offers a full-bodied, medium-strenght tobacco with a reliable smoking-pleasure. It burns slow and developes a Marzipan-esque aroma while progressing. This mixture is feature-lenght and yet not too heavy for smoking it during the daytime. In the room note the wonderful Orientals dominate. A reliable companion and a daily quantum of luxury.

Notes: Also available as No. 8 Ready Rubbed

Strength
Taste
Sito Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sito (1)

I am relatively new in pipe smoking (one year so far). I have been through the process of trying all kind of tobaccos. When travelling I try to visit local pipe stores seeking for new experiences. By chance I ended in Leipzig (Germany) and I visited a local tobacco store (Tabak-Kontor). The employee at the store recommended me this mixture, and hit the nail on the head. I had learned that usually the aroma while opening a tin does not match the taste when smoking the tobacco few minutes later. But this one was the exception that proves the rule. When opening my first tin of No.8., my nose, invaded by a subtle aroma, was prophesying the marvelous taste to be delivered when smoked. The smoke was soft, sweet in some manner, did not bite the tongue and burns slowly down to ashes. Predominated the tones from Orientals. I have to recommend it for all beginners in “English Mixtures”.

Pipe Used: Peterson System 307

Purchased From: Tabak-Kontor (http://www.tabak-kontor.de/index.html)