None given.

Notes: From Synjeco: Like most SG flakes, this has a very particular pouch aroma; I could compare it to Flake. 7, though the aroma is different. I could say that the smell is "perfumy" and spicy, without being overwhelming so. It's relatively easy to rub out and pack. The colors range from bright to dark. I find that the sweetness and the spiciness go their separate ways: The former is mainly felt on the palate and tongue, while the latter more in the nose and nasal cavity I recommend packing it lightly to obtain a more trouble-free combustion. What I don't appreciate it about it is the fact that it can leave the pipe quite dirty, esp. the shank.

BrandSamuel Gawith
Blended BySamuel Gawith
FlavoringAlcohol / Liquor, Other / Misc
Strength
Very Mild, Mild to Medium
Taste
Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
Medium to Strong Very Mild Medium Pleasant

Sam Gawith Special Flake No 4. What a surpris , this is one of the few Sam G' blends that isn't totally soaking with moisture! The flakes are actually delicate in build. The tobacco gives off a sweet smell and I can definitely detect the alcohol in there. Due to the build and moisture amount I can rub the flakes and fill my pipe imminently, a small airing would maybe improve the flakes slightly but it's not at all imperative to do so. When I introduce my flame it proves what I thought about the moistness. It takes to lighting with ease and once lit doesn't keep going out. The toppings in No 4 come across gently, a subtle sweetness with a slight alcoholic touch (very slight) and maybe a Lakeland style taste. Over to the tobacco flavour, I find it to be very amenable! The Virginia is such a full bodied flavour that it is a little hard to allow the lighter additives to dissuade you from enjoying it in all its glory! The smoke is on the cooler side, also getting more points as it doesn't bite me . Nicotine , now this has a good amount ! It's not too preposterous in strength although it will definitely satisfy N lovers but could be a touch offensive for the "flavour only" smokers among us. Because the additives are so light in No 4 I get absolutely zero ghost left behind in my pipe, maybe that's just years of pipes dulling my palate ! In my mind this is the archetypal flake being easy to prepare, not a gloopy added flavour, good nicotine amount, an even burn and no tongue-bite! A massive applause from me!

Pipe Used: Peterson Dracula 221

Purchased From: G.Q Tobaccos

Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

To me, like #3 this was still somewhat similar to Grousemoor, but with just a hint of the lemon grass in the pouch. I thought it might have been just from contact with the other 'special flakes', but it is still there, lightly, in the first 1/3 to 1/2 of the bowl. The 'honey' aspect is stronger, and it bit a little in the first half but the rest of the bowl was a somewhat honey-sweetened straight VA

Pipe Used: falcon & meers

Purchased From: Synjeco

Similar Blends: Grousemoor, Special Flake #3.