None given.

Notes: From Synjeco: Like most SG flakes, this has a very particular pouch aroma; I could compare it to Flake. 7, though the aroma is different. I could say that the smell is "perfumy" and spicy, without being overwhelming so. It's relatively easy to rub out and pack. The colors range from bright to dark. I find that the sweetness and the spiciness go their separate ways: The former is mainly felt on the palate and tongue, while the latter more in the nose and nasal cavity I recommend packing it lightly to obtain a more trouble-free combustion. What I don't appreciate it about it is the fact that it can leave the pipe quite dirty, esp. the shank.

BrandSamuel Gawith
Blended BySamuel Gawith
FlavoringAlcohol / Liquor, Other / Misc
Strength
Very Mild, Mild to Medium
Taste
Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable
Medium to Strong Very Mild Medium Pleasant

Sam Gawith Special Flake No 4 . Wow , what a surprise , this is one of the few Sam G' blends that isn't totally soaking with moisture ! The flakes are actually delicate in build . The tobacco gives off a sweet smell and I can definitely detect the alcohol in there . Due to the build and moisture amount I can rub the flakes and fill my pipe imminently , a small airing would maybe improve the flakes slightly but it's not at all imperative to do so . When I introduce my flame it proves what I thought about the moistness . It takes to lighting with ease and once lit doesn't keep going out . The toppings in No 4 come across gently , a subtle sweetness with a slight alcoholic touch (very slight) and maybe a Lakeland style taste . Over to the tobacco flavour , I find it to be very amenable ! The Virginia is such a full bodied flavour that it is a little hard to allow the lighter additives to dissuade you from enjoying it in all its glory ! The smoke is on the cooler side , also getting more points as it doesn't bite me . Nicotine , now this has a good amount ! It's not too preposterous in strength although it will definitely satisfy "N" lovers but could be a touch offensive for the "flavour only" smokers among us . Because the additives are so light in No 4 I get absolutely zero Ghost left behind in my pipe , maybe that's just years of Pipes dulling my pallet ! In my mind this is the archetypal flake being easy to prepare , not a gloopy added flavour , good Nicotine amount , an even burn and no tongue-bite ! A massive applause from me !

Pipe Used: Peterson Dracula 221

Purchased From: G.Q Tobaccos

Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

To me, like #3 this was still somewhat similar to Grousemoor, but with just a hint of the lemon grass in the pouch. I thought it might have been just from contact with the other 'special flakes', but it is still there, lightly, in the first 1/3 to 1/2 of the bowl. The 'honey' aspect is stronger, and it bit a little in the first half but the rest of the bowl was a somewhat honey-sweetened straight VA

Pipe Used: falcon & meers

Purchased From: Synjeco

Similar Blends: Grousemoor, Special Flake #3.