None given.

Notes:

BrandSamuel Gawith
Blended BySamuel Gawith
FlavoringAlcohol / Liquor, Other / Misc
Strength
Strong
Very Strong
Taste
Full

dallaspipehead Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
dallaspipehead (12)
Strong Very Strong Full Very Pleasant

I can only imagine that I might be met with some opposition on my high rating for this tobacco, but I honestly believe that it is a must for collectors of aromatics, flakes and all things Gawith, like myself. The quality of this dark brown flake is impeccable. Considerably moist, but in my opinion it is ready for smoking upon arrival. If it were to be dried, the strength of it might become overwhelming.I also suggest that it be fully rubbed out. Keep a pipe cleaner handy, because it does tend to get a little gurgly at first. Like some of the other Lakeland flakes, the unburnt aroma and the flavor go hand in hand. Nothing deceptive about it whatsoever. English tobaccos like this one are far superior to most others, but in the area of aromatics, I assure you, it is without equal. The same can be said for all of the Gawith Special Flakes. Judging by other reviews, it could be labeled as a member of the "soapy" family, but I have never smoked soap before, so I couldn't say for certain! It would be fair to say that it is akin to Cannon Plug, but milder. Perhaps it contains some of the mysterious flavoring agent known as "cheviot". I looked up cheviot with much difficulty, only to find a possibly related definition: a breed of sheep. Could this flavoring be derived from the natural oils of the sheeps wool? I can only wonder. Very curious- but delicious, nonetheless. A big, bold flavor with little aftertaste and no bite detected. A miracle for a flake of its like. Unfortunately, I cannot find any availability of this and its sister flakes here in the states. I ordered #2 through Synjeco of Switzerland, including many others that Gawith& Co. don't send here. If you are a fanatical collector of their products such as I, you will find this company a valuable resource, so long as price is of no concern to you. I actually took out a small loan, just so I wouldn't have to repeatedly pay the high cost of shipping. If you can get it, I believe its well worth it. 4 stars.