A strong tobacco composed of burley and Virginia. A strong blend that's almost exotic tasting. For lovers of strong, spicy and floral tasting aromatics.

BrandMcGahey The Tobacconist
Blended ByMcGahey's
Manufactured ByMcGahey's
FlavoringFloral Essences, Molasses
CutPlug
Strength
Taste
Medium to Strong Medium Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

McGahey's - Haytor Cut Plug.

Do I like this? No. Do feel it's a good blend? Yes.

The pouch note is a great example of what's on its way; something pretty floral! I can't say this note particularly appeals to me but the actual tobacco's construction does; I was expecting some form of ribbon or ready rubbed mix but what greeted me could only be described as partially broken flakes. They're slightly damp but still smokeable.

As I rubbed my flakes out they took to the flame very well, then the smoke that met my palate was almost as I expected. I say 'almost' as it wasn't quite as overbearingly floral as I assumed it would be when I sniffed the pouch. Quite strong, but not un-smokeable. The molasses are very weak in the spectrum of flavour; I only get the slightest hint but that could be psycho-suggestive from reading it in the description?. This gives a steady burn that requires very few re-lights, and the smoke is quite cool. The nicotine amount? It's above medium, not too strong but definitely one to satiate any nic' lust that's present! The room note is floral, but like the taste, not stupidly so.

This is a well made blend, it's a hearty smoke that's sure to please a lot of folks. Me on the other hand, I'm not a fan, however it does deserve to be recommended.

Recommended.

Pipe Used: Morgan Pot Blackjack

Purchased From: McGahey's

Similar Blends: Gawith Hoggarth Sliced Brown Bogie Aromatic.