The flavor of peach breaks out from this sweet blend of medium tobaccos. Slow burning gives time to savor.

BrandMcGahey The Tobacconist
Blended ByMcGahey's
Manufactured ByMcGahey's
FlavoringPeach
Strength
Taste

McGahey - Princetown Peach. I started tidying out my tobacco cellar the other day, just trying to smoke some of the blends which hadn't particularly excited me; some surprised me, and others made me realize my low expectations were correct and went into the bin. Out of the bunch, this is one of the better ones.

To start, I'll say that this isn't a blend of Virginia alone; by the looks of it I'd say Virginia, Cavendish and a smattering of Black Cavendish. The peach comes across fairly strong in the pouch note, surprisingly, stronger than in the actual smoke.

My biggest quibble with this is trying to keep it lit; it's in dire need of a long airing period as it's virtually un-smokeable from the pouch. And then, unless it's as dry as a twig, it won't stay lit.

As I said, the peach is nowhere near as strong in the smoke as I found it was in the unlit note; it gives some space for the tobacco's to gain applause; these tobacco flavours are quite mild, they work nicely with the subtle peachiness.

The nicotine's mild, as you'd expect from a high proportion of Cavendish.

This is quite a good blend; not great, but still good.

Two and a half stars.