This is a tobacco that our blender has been making for himself for years. It's a fine granular cut tobacco (Just scoop it into your pipe) comprised of dark matured Virginia, both sweetened and unsweetened black Cavendish, Crumb Cut Burley, Bright Virginia, Perique and just a tiny bit of condimental Latakia to cool the blend. A very sweet, nutty tobacco that doesn't quite cross into the aromatic territory.

BrandWatch City Cigar
Taste
brashboy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
brashboy (84)
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Medium Very Pleasant

Well, Quint's Own is sweet and it is nutty, and you can indeed scoop it right into your pipe and light it. I can't decide if the touch of Latakia makes this blend or hurts it, but I love the blend. The Black Cav is nice, and I adore crumb-cut Burley. The Perique is added with a light hand, for those of your concerned about it. Great tobacco taste with a sweetness that I think is natural in the leaf used, though one of the Black Cavendishes is sweetened a bit, but (surprise) a bit of sweetness in the casing is the usual in all tobaccos. I'm not generally an aromatic fan and this is not quite an aromatic, just a shade sweet. No mango or black cherry, thank God.

One minute I get the mild sweetness, the next I get true codger taste and hints of stewed fruit and Latakia. I like it a lot. Your significant other will like it, too.

Mild to Medium Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Choppy cut with a few cubes and ribbons and easy to load, the bag nose of this is whatever flavoring is used (I can't discern it) barely on top and basic tobacco goodness underneath. In an unusual twist of fate, the aromatic garnish is more noticeable through the unopened bag than once I stuck my snout into the opened bag. As advertised, it loads easily with a scoop method but the basic three-step fill can also be employed. A new blend from Ernie (and this one is named for him) comes to me with an air of excitement and anticipation, so I plunged in.

Pleasant room note abounds in this one and the smoker can still enjoy the taste of actual tobacco! I can't say that I specifically tasted all the components, particularly the perique, but it was a very coherent blend with nothing jumping out, including the flavoring. I would agree that it doesn't quite jump into aromatic territory but it does have an aromatic-type room note, albeit with a bit of codger blend tossed in. Tastewise, it was sweet but leaned determinedly towards a non-aromatic sweetness. And it wasn't so sweet that the tobacco flavor was diminished. This one seems geared towards someone that wants to please non-smokers but doesn't want to eschew the taste of tobacco... a mild aromatic for tobacco lovers might be a good way to describe Quint's Own. It didn't ring any particular chimes for me but I respect it as I opine it's expected fans. I won't be stocking up but it's an easy recommendation.