A delicate mixture of fine brown Virginia tobaccos. The flavours of chocolate and rum are evident.

BrandMcGahey The Tobacconist
Blended ByMcGahey's
Manufactured ByMcGahey's
Blend TypeVirginia Based
FlavoringCocoa / Chocolate, Rum
Strength
Taste

McGahey - Jamaica Inn.

Opening the pouch doesn't reveal what I expected. Instead of the ready rubbed blend the description says, I'm greeted by a coarsely broken flake/very thick ribbons. The smell coming from the pouch is quite aromatic, not overly false but there's a notable addition of chocolate and rum. Even though the blend is still quite chunky the tobacco's not so wet as to necessitate drying, that would be a benefit but it's not imperative.

The flavour is of a perfect aromatic weight (to me). They come through as being clearly present but they don't seem to be too heavy, sticky, sickly or sweet. They've enhanced the smoke just enough without ruining it! Out of the two neither one seems more prominent, it's quite a well shared smoke between the rum and the chocolate. As well, I find the initial few puffs have more added flavour as opposed to about the quarter way point. The added taste wouldn't really qualify as being any more than mild at any point in the smoking of a bowl, but that's fine by me! The burn from Jamaica Inn is very good; really steady, leaves a pure white ash and gives a cool smoke.

I enjoy this but after a while I want more spice from my smoke so I'll rate this at three stars instead of four.

Recommended.