The same as our Widecombe mixture only in aromatic form for those who prefer that 'extra' flavour.

BrandMcGahey The Tobacconist
Blended ByMcGahey's
Manufactured ByMcGahey's
ContentsCavendish, Latakia, Virginia
Strength
Taste
Full
2.0
Medium Medium Full Pleasant to Tolerable

McGahey - Widecombe Aromatic.

Of late, I've been making a conscientious effort to try and review some of the lesser reviewed/un-reviewed blends. This is one of the latter, so there's no other reviews for me to read up on first!

This is a slightly perplexing blend; the aroma from the pouch is indicative of a strongly flavoured blend; the only inaugural word to come to my mind was 'herby'. I'm confused by it as it's a lot more citrusy tasting than herby and not as strong as I expected it to be.

I was expecting, from the description a deep and rich tobacco taste; smoky, grassy and sweet. What I received was a bit clumsy and crowded. It doesn't have anything REALLY bad about it, it's just a bit busy and it doesn't work with the added taste; although the extra flavours aren't too strong in their own right they're strong enough to clumsily mask any natural flavour.

As the mixture's quite coarse I was anticipating a slow burning tobacco; that didn't come to fruition, it's a lot faster than I wanted!

I hate to sound like a whining brat but there's another low point; after a smoke I'm left with a lingering taste of lemons in my mouth!

Aside from the fact that subjectively speaking I don't like this, I think it has a fair few good points. These good points aren't enough to raise it up from two stars though.

Somewhat recommended.