We took Sam Gawith's Best Brown Flake, and gave those flue cured Virginias a touch of Carey know how!

BrandE. A. Carey
Manufactured ByE.A. Carey
FlavoringVanilla
Strength
Taste
Medium Medium Mild Very Pleasant

E. A. Carey - Old Town Vanilla Flake.

Even though I consider myself to be more of an English or VaPer fan, I do enjoy a quality Vanilla Aromatic, especially Mac Barens Vanilla Cream Flake. Going by the description though, this is basically a Sam Gawith Vanilla Aromatic, so it should be good!

I often point out my disdain at how inaccurate I think the name Broken Flake can be in its use. Half the time it's either practically a Shag, or it would qualify as being called a Flake. Well this is a similar situation, only this time it SHOULD be called Broken Flake! The tobacco needs airing as it's way too damp; mind you, it is, after all, a Sam Gawith base! The smell coming from the tin's strong with Vanilla, more so than some of the other Vanilla Flakes I've had.

Due to the cut it's easy to load, and then I think it's the best Vanilla flavoured Virginia flake I've had (I enjoy Planta's Black Vanilla Flake but that's Black Cavendish so can't be used in comparison). There's many good points, like the burn's even, cool, and the smoke's thick, and it doesn't bite, but my favourite's the flavour: it's just like a quality Vanilla Custard, it even leaves a great aftertaste in my mouth! The flavour tends to be quite consistent in weight throughout, it's slightly heavier for the first few minutes, but once the burn's been initiated it settles nicely.

The nicotine, no surprise, is the same as Sam Gawith's Best Brown Flake, and the room-note's lovely.

Very highly recommended: