From Laudisi: Travel down south with this hearty Va/Per Flake. Perfect for front-porch sittin'.

BrandBriarWorks International
Pleasant, Tolerable
the_dalai_lama_himself Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
the_dalai_lama_himself (39)
Mild to Medium Very Mild Mild Tolerable

Was excited for this blend. Presentation is nice and no need for drying. Jar note smells like a nutrigrain bar. Flavors are Really dull, and muddled.. kinda get a alcohol note some kind of corn liquor, moonshine maybe. I dunno, it has a decent spicy element to it when you get deeper in but it's not something I'd ever buy again it's too dull and kind of nauseating after a while, like moonshine infused gummy bears on the bus to Carolina cup. Tobacco almost seems of lesser quality. I gifted my buddy the cigar blend I'm still interested in that one.

Pipe Used: Mm country gent, barontini 505

Another small sample from Pete. Darker broken flakes that rub out easily and a rich, muscular aroma of a heady VaPer. Enticing!

In the pipe, this reminded me a bit of GLP's Telegraph Hill and other VaPers that are on the boisterous side. Almost chewy, this one is full of hearty flavor from the perique and a whisker of sweetness from the Virginia (could have used more of that). Not terribly complex but a top-to-bottom seamless quality of smoke where the flavor never altered much. It did get a bit stronger in the bottom 1/4 bowl or so but never got fussy or bitter, even when puffed a bit briskly. But for best results this should be sipped to keep its cool. 3.5 stars. If C&D Virginias could be processed to retain more of their natural sweetness, this might become a 4 star blend.

Puffingstuff Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Puffingstuff (98)

I wasn't expecting much from a liquor infused Virginia, but hey, this is good. The flake is mild and the bourbon taste comes thru only enough to season. The flavoring is more fruity than whisky, but as I said it's mild to the point that it's far, far in the background. This blend has harmony and is SUPERB! I really like the jar idea. update: I had to update this tobacco and give it a Highly four stars. I have found myself smoking more and more of this flake. I have tins and jars of tobacco all over the house and this is the one I keep going to. I'll be purchasing more of this!

Pipe Used: Wilmer sandblasted skater.

Age When Smoked: Fresh from TB, I did dry this out some

Purchased From: Tinder Box on Poplar in Memphis

Jevverrett Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Jevverrett (80)
Medium to Strong Very Mild Medium to Full Pleasant

I bought this bc the shop had it new in stock, I had been curios about it, and it was my best choice available.

The jar is a nice touch, as I use them mostly anyway to store my smoke. The tin note is sweet and fruity with a hint of citrus and (I get at least) vanilla bean. The flakes are standard for the c&d offerings. Loose, and they rub out easily to ribbons or fold effortlessly. I've tried it both ways now, the latter being stronger in flavor and the former being easier smoking a bit.

It is a tasty blend, I still can't lose that vanilla taste I get from it though. I thought it was just me, but I swear it is in there. It's a good adddition if it is actually in there, it sweetens it up a bit. Otherwise it is a straightforward va/per that could be an all day smoke. Early in the day it gave me a slight head spin once, reminding of haddos delight. It's a bold flake for what is it is, and builds it strength and flavor as it progresses through the smoke.

If you like a good flake of this variety, it's worth trying. C&D does a good job making user friendly flakes. It would be a good one for a flake novice for sure. I may get more of this, but I'll probably try the other offerings in the line first. 3 1/2 stars

Pipe Used: IMP meer, Peterson 408

Age When Smoked: Fresh jar

Purchased From: Whitfield tobacco, guilford ct

Similar Blends: Haddos, exhausted rooster.

point9 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
point9 (114)

The Mason jar is a great idea. BDS seemed less aromatic to me so I bought a tin to sample. The tin note is definitely topping or casing with some fruity aroma: grape, cherry,..etc. Broken flakes are easy to pack with just right amount of moisture. The topping diminishes a little during smoking, but it's there all the way down. It's not annoying but can mask the natural Vaper flavor somehow. Two star to me and the jar is a plus.

apollo11 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
apollo11 (1)
Medium Extremely Mild Medium to Full Tolerable

Out of the jar there is the typical dried dark fruit and some pepper. This tobacco has a brilliant note of pepper and some muted sweetness from the Virginias. The pepper is there through the bowl, but not overwhelming at all. The combination becomes quite savory. I don't think it's overly complex, but it's a great easy tobacco to enjoy.

Pipe Used: Briarworks(of course) Classic Bent Billiard

Age When Smoked: Fresh as a daisy

Purchased From: Local B&M

memyjohn Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
memyjohn (1)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

Wonderful tin note of figs and dark chocolate with hint of citrus. Its ready to go right out of the jar. Just a rubbing out to your liking and pack a little on the lite side. The fist light is very peppery then this wonderful dark chocolate and earthiness of vaper. The after mouth taste makes you want to lite another bowl. Try if you can to keep it 2 bowls a day.

Purchased From: 4noggins

ii31al Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ii31al (5)

it was Okay-smoke for me nothing stands out find it to be a bit dull and flat.The room note was fine not very excited to smoke it again loved the mason jar idea though

Pipe Used: Peterson