Premium golden Virginias and a special black cavendish, made from specially selected Green River one-sucker burley, are combined with a rich, reddish burley and finished with a bit of smoky Cyprian latakia. A wonderful, warm vanilla and a touch of clover honey are added for a creamy-sweet flavor with a slightly floral note.

BrandCult
3.1
rcwalkup Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rcwalkup (2)
Mild Very Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant

40 year pipe smoker but a new reviewer so go easy on this ol' puffer. New from Cult. A bit damp from the tin but stayed lit in my small bowl. Enjoyable smoke for an aro with no bite. A hint of honey for sweetness balanced well with burley. Some Virginia and black cavendish evident and plenty of Latakia. Slight hint of vanilla.

Pipe Used: Ando Deluxe

Age When Smoked: Fresh from the tin.

Purchased From: P&C

Similar Blends: pipesandcigars.com - Trout Stream (HPCS Adirondack).

guitar2mw Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
guitar2mw (87)
Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Another hit from Cult! I loved their two previous blends, and this one didn't disappoint! I like to think of Cult tobaccos as a good all day smoke for any aromatic fan. This blend is made with the same care as the other two. Upon opening the tin, you're greeted with a very sweet, creamy caramel type aroma. It's pretty delicious, and I wasn't sure whether to pack my pipe with it or eat it on some ice cream. It was a little more moist than the other two blends fresh from the tin, but it lit well and didn't burn too hot. The flavor is nutty, sweet, and creamy. There is a hint of smokiness, but honestly I could not tell if it was Latakia or not. If there is any Latakia in it, it is very faint. It is light enough to where I would not consider this a "crossover" blend. It is definitely a certified aromatic, and a great one at that.

Pipe Used: Nording

Purchased From: Gifted

michaelc Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
michaelc (37)

This aromatic is just alright. When I compare it to other aros I smoke I rate this behind them. It's just OK, IMO. It does have a nice taste but it is nothing special. The honey and vanilla are noticed, but the Latakia must be very minimal. I could not taste it in the smoke. My opinion of this tobacco has decreased as I smoke more of it. At first I held it in higher regard and bought several tins. When I finish these I'll probably not buy more.

My experience with Cult Conspiracy you may liken to meeting that exciting new girl that gets you all worked up but after awhile you start to see her flaws and she is no longer as appealing as when you first met. This is how it is between me and this tobacco blend. She no longer holds my interest so I must let her go.

I am a fickle lover. I must change some of my review to be fair to this tobacco blend. Today I smoked five bowls in different pipes and found that this tasted best in my Calabresi Canadian. It was this pipe I first used when I received this blend. It is the pipe I will now use to smoke this tobacco in the future. I knew there was a reason I purchased seven tins. It is a better smoke than I first reported.

Pipe Used: Several briars; best in my Calabresi Canadian.

Age When Smoked: new upon reciept

Purchased From: P&C

Nwpipesmker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Nwpipesmker (27)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Not sure about this at first. I am not a fan of latakia. When I opened the tin that's all you can smell. I thought I was going to be disappointed. I tried it and the Lat isn't overwhelming. The blend is well balanced and I can say it's a good smooth smoke.

Pipe Used: Cob

Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Tolerable

Cult - Conspiracy.

The description currently states this as being a mixture, but my tin contains a prominence of finer ribbons. The fresh tin has good hydration, and quite a potent aromatic smell.

The Black Cavendish doesn't dominate, nowhere near. Of the tobaccos the most omnipotent is the Burley, so it isn't your usual gloopy/sticky aromatic. The Latakia gives a touch of smoke and woodiness, and the Virginia gives hay and grass, as opposed to any rich-fruitiness. With the aromatics I get a little more of the honey, being aromatically sweet, than the vanilla. The vanilla is definitely present, but not as strong. Conspiracy bites a bit, and can become too warm if strained.

Nicotine: mild to medium. Room-note: tolerable.

Cult Conspiracy? A touch disappointing for any higher than two:

Somewhat recommended.

Pipe Used: Peterson Waterford XL11

Age When Smoked: One month

CraigInTheCorn Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CraigInTheCorn (5)
Mild Medium Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

This was a pleasant aromatic on the sweet side, with a mild caramel flavor and perhaps notes of scotch whiskey. Plenty of nice creamy smoke and burned well with few relights directly from a freshly opened tin with a light Frank method pack. As others have noted, there's scantly a trace of Latakia here. It's been awhile since I smoked Lane HGL, but if my memory serves me correctly, this is similar, but with less smokiness. I love a good smoky sparerib with sweet BBQ sauce and it seems like I should like this sweet and smoky (sort of) flavor profile in pipe tobacco, but so far it's just OK for me. This strikes me as a slightly higher grade of tobacco than HGL, but then again, I've only had HGL-2000 from a mostly empty jar at my local tobacconist.

Pipe Used: WDC Thorobred Kerly Briar Canadian

Purchased From: Burning Leaf Cigars, Geneva, IL, USA

Similar Blends: Lane HGL.

Bbrown626 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bbrown626 (79)
Mild Very Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This was my first time to try anything with latakia. I don't see myself adding any latakia-based tobacco to my rotation anytime soon. VaPer's and orientals are more to my liking in the non-aromatic field. I tried Conspiracy's cousin - Conspiracy Theory first and found it to be an above average aro, but all of the things I liked about "Theory" were overshadowed by the latakia. That being said, it was a little moist, but burned well, not too hot and few relights. It seemed to be a good quality tobacco, as is consistent with the Cult line. I am sure there are many pipers out there that will love this tobacco, it just isn't my thing. Giving it three stars to be fair.

Pipe Used: Kaywoodie drinkless