Long cut Virginia and black cavendish tobaccos enter into perfect liaison rounding out the mix with ripe burley. With its harmonious taste and beautiful balance, this blend exudes the scent of pineapple delicately highlighted with a walnut flavour.

BrandVauen
Very Strong
Taste
2.0
Mild Very Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Vauen - Aueland Evening Mixture (Hobbit).

This is one of those blends where the aromatic tin-note hits you without even having to put your nose deliberately above it; there isn't great detail to the smell, it's mainly pineapple.

The mix includes quite a fair quotient of each of the tobaccos, but sadly the tin's held too much moisture inside, I have to let the blend air for some time prior to smoking any of it:

The smoke really isn't 'my thing'. Albeit, it's quite classy but it's not the kind of tobacco I enjoy; just like in the tin-note, the pineapple is the main character, and it's also strong, too strong for me. The walnuts are very delicately added, personally it's hard to differentiate between nuts from the Burley and nuts from any aromatic addition.

After about a quarter of a bowl the smoke takes on a kind of jelly bean/fondant sweetness; most incongruous, increasing the 'falseness' prodigiously.

I'd opened this with some trepidation, I never for one minute thought I'd enjoy a pineapple blend. As it turns out I was right; I hope the bin likes pineapple!

Even though I don't like it, it's a well made blend; for that, I'll still somewhat recommend it.

Two stars.