Three different types of Burley ( a mellow white, flavorful toasted, and a rich, reddish-hued version ) are blended with a bit of sweet Virginia and a touch of Latakia for smokiness and Perique for a hint of sweet spice. It's finally finished with a bit of rum to bring back memories of the blends that gramps and the other codgers used to smoke.

Notes: Signature Porch Swing is a unique blend that will bring back memories of old-fashioned American blends. Introduced in 2015.

BrandHearth & Home
Taste

Hoosier Piper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Hoosier Piper (1)
Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

My first review. I've been puffing a pipe since 1989. I like this blend so well l actually registered for an account. I like the old otc's but didn't really discover them until House of Windsor started reintroducing old discontinued blends in the mid 2000's. It was a fun journey that had me looking in small town tobacco shops for old dusty cans of discontinued codger blends. I became a burlyphile I absolutely fell in love with How's Revelation and Country Doctor. County Doctor became my desert island blend. I couldn't get enough of the stuff. I was at a loss when it was discontinued. I soon found C'D's "Epiphany" and 4noggins "Painters Hill" both good blends in thier own right. I sometimes would mix the two to get more of the flavor the HOW version had but they or my combos never scratched my itch. Sutliff came out with CD as a Country Doctor match. I was really disappointed it was nothing like The HOW version. I got a two ounce bag of Porch Swing from pipes and Cigars. No, it's not County Doctor but it's very similar. It satisfies in taste and nicotine. I'm a nicotine guy. I like my Royal Yacht and 5 bros. This blend doesn't pack a punch but satisfies way more than say Walnut would have another old delicious blend btw. It's a nice American English burley blend with the condiment all leaves and a nice light touch of rum that doesn't distract from the burly nuttines. Let it sit out for a bit. It brings it all out in a nice symphony on my palate just like those old time blends. Russ hit it out of the park with this one if your a fan of these old time blends.

Pipe Used: Stanwell silver, mm cob freehand natural

Purchased From: pipes and cigars

Similar Blends: How's country doctor. Dr. Bradley mixture, walnut. Stuliff CD, Macbarren Plum Cake.

Grovesy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Grovesy (28)

I am always on the search for a good, very lightly topped, American/English blend. I love bald headed teacher, barking dog, levine's Blend and the like. So it comes as no surprise that I have had my eye on this blend since its release. I ordered 4oz on my last order, and am so glad I did. This blend is excellent! Every component plays well together, without any one ever taking center stage for very long. The perique is peppery, and comes and goes with the nutty burleys and sweet virginias with a faint background of smokiness from the latakia, all while getting slight notes of honey and rum from the perfectly applied topping. Fantastic! Great smoke morning, noon and night. I will definitely be ordering more

Pipe Used: Various

Purchased From: P&C

Similar Blends: 4noggins - Bald Headed Teacher, Sutliff Tobacco Company - MATCH Barking Dog, pipesandcigars.com - Scotty's Levine's Blend.