A pipe tobacco containing a blend of light-coloured Viginia grades and fine sweet black cavendish. The addition of wild honey from Tuscany and fragrant Bourbon vanilla give it its pleasant bouquet.

BrandBentley
Strength
Taste
pencils Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pencils (38)

This blend is something of a grower. It is what is described on the tin, and is an enjoyable smoke. Good quality virginia tobaccos are the basis of the blend, and a non-goopy honey flavouring is added which is sweet without any chemical taste or unpalatable aftertaste. I don't normally enjoy Virginia tobaccos particularly, and at first the subtlety of the casing left me a little cold, but after 2 or 3 bowls I was pretty much hooked. Unusually for me, I have turned to this repeatedly as an alternative to my usual latakia preference, finishing the tin really quickly.

On opening the tin, the aroma of honey is strong and evokes the same feeling of anticipation as few good aromatics can. The burn is consistent and lends toward quite a hot burn unless drawn carefully. It seemed fairly one dimensional to me initially but not boring once I was in the swing of a few bowls. Never cloying, it reduces to a fine ash that doesn't foul any of the varied size bowls I tried it in. This is a simple and attractive aromatic with few stalks and consistent quality.

I would most definitely buy this again and would happily recommend it to aromatic smokers and to those wanting a change of pace from more robust flavours.

Purchased From: Turmeau, Knutsford