English Tobacco - an oriental English blend containing exotic Latakia, premium Perique, and flavorful oriental tobaccos.

BrandPaul's Pipe Shop
Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable, Tolerable to Strong

Pipe_Fan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pipe_Fan (13)
Medium None Detected Medium to Full Tolerable to Strong

Very good oriental English blend. One of the first English blends I tried. I love the smoky, nutty, natural tobacco flavors. It has a strong taste that I find very delicious.

I will say, to me personally it doesn't smell appetizing at all in the pouch, smelling rather repugnant in my own opinion.

The room note is rather strong, and around other pipe smokers they don't seem to mind or even enjoy it, although some non-smokers have told me that it stinks. I personally don't mind the smell of it smoked, and think it compliments the flavor.

Would recommend for for fans of English and Oriental blends.

Pipe Used: B.B.K. Bent Billiard

Purchased From: Paul's Pipe Shop and Pipe Hospital

SmokeKing David Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SmokeKing David (123)

This is a great English-style blend. It has a good amount of Latakia and is smooth and a little spicy. I could smoke this every day and not be bored with it.

Pipe Used: Old Dunhill Pot

Purchased From: Paul's Pipe Shop in Flint, Michigan

Similar Blends: Dunhill 965.

This one is a staple at Paul's and blended up by his son Dan, according to the descriptive. An American English style tobacco with Burley and a dash of Perique mixed in with the Orientals, Latakia and Virginia. A nice smoke! And for whatever it is worth, I purchased several of the Spaniola house blends back in the late 1990s while purchasing one of their Cayuga pipes, which, by the way, came with a casing, too. The inner bowl was pre-carbed with honey, I think.