Made for a long-time P&C customer, this American-English-style blend is made of mellow, nutty Burleys, bright Virginia, smooth black Cavendish and just enough Latakia to tantalize the palate. If you're looking for something that smokes cool and has the perfect balance of sweetness and smokiness, give this one a try.

Brandpipesandcigars.com
Taste
Grovesy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Grovesy (28)
Mild to Medium Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

I'm a big fan of American/English blends and thought this would be a good one. Flavor profile hints of blends like Bald Headed Teacher, Stonewall, and Barking Dog. However, to me this blend seemed much more bitter than the previously mentioned offerings. This blend was bitter as in some burley's at the end of the smoke bitter, but this was bitter start to finish for me. Levine's is not a bad blend, its just that there are much better offerings out there in this genre. Updated 6-20-16 Taste is a fickle thing. It always amazes me how my tastes can change. Be it through different pipes, seasons, moods, etc. my taste can change drastically. This blend has grown on me quite a bit recently. I believe this blend does much better in wider pipe bowl, in my opinion is does wonderful in pot shaped pipes. this blend is quite worthy of 3 stars and I will update my rating to reflect that.

Purchased From: P&C

Similar Blends: Sutliff Tobacco Company - MATCH Barking Dog, 4noggins - Bald Headed Teacher, Hearth & Home - Porch Swing (Signature).