Pleasantly flavoured with Liquorice and Sambuca. An easy smoking mixture.

BrandCentury
Manufactured ByCentury
FlavoringAlcohol / Liquor, Licorice
Strength
Medium to Strong, Strong
Taste
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Century-Liquorice/Sambuca. I have to admit, I enjoyed this more than I expected!

The smell from the pouch is strong with Liquorice, it would probably be I bit off putting for some folks.

The mixture is delicate in the sizes, they are quite short ribbons that are all dark in colour and of a superb hydration.

When I lit a bowl up the main flavour was the Liquorice, easy to notice but without that 'cough syrup' trait that I often find this flavour can give to a blend.

I find it more difficult to get the Sambuca, there is a slight sharpness from the alcohol but not really any flavour as such.

I find the temperature of the smoke cool. That's good as it generates a large quantity of it!

This doesn't bite at all. If I smoke with total impunity it still remains absent.

The nicotine is low. It wouldn't be too suitable for a lover of N.

The room note is quite good but it lets itself down a bit with the quantity of smoke produced. A big amount is pleasing for the pallete but not too good for other folks in the room!

As I mentioned at the start, I enjoyed this more than I expected. It couldn't be a regular addition to my rotation as I much prefer more natural blends but for what it is I feel three stars is a justified result.

Recommended.

Pipe Used: Rattrays The Cave

Purchased From: Havanna House

Marky boy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Marky boy (3)
Mild to Medium Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Went to purchase century Colombian coffee but was out of that,had to give this a try,a little moist but burns ok,liquorice comes through quite strong at first which is sweet,defo taste of the alcohol,nice cool smoke,inhale,not a problem a must try,you won't be disappointed.

Pipe Used: Peterson Donegal rocky.

Purchased From: Pipe shop ,edinburgh